Hi everyone, I was searching for a " small " piano for traveling, and Roland features that new piano, 61 keys and, apparently a grand piano " like " action. Any feedback on that new keyboard? https://www.roland.com/us/products/gopiano_go-61p/
Last edited by rolex67; 04/09/17 11:53 AM.
Probably "synth action", not "weighted action". So it's not a _good_ piano substitute.
There are lots of 61-key small keyboards from Casio and Yamaha. Maybe the Go: is better. Look for reviews.
. Charles --------------------------- PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
At least the key shapes look better than what Yamaha NP series has to offer, even if they're not weighted. Cheap keyboards usually have horrible piano sounds. I bet the GO: Piano comes with better ones.
Yamaha P-515
That S1 isn't really that small - 88 keys and some overhang too. Have I missed something?
Greg.
The website says: Number of Keys: 61 keys (Ivory Feel and Box-shape Keys with velocity) Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 3 types https://www.roland.com/uk/products/gokeys_go-61k/specifications/So, I'm going to suggest "no". A shame.
Roland F130-R
That S1 isn't really that small - 88 keys and some overhang too. Have I missed something?
Greg. Yes. Put your glasses on Greg! Under six octaves!
You got the wrong one. This is the GO:PIANO https://www.roland.com/uk/products/gopiano_go-61p/specifications/Of course, you won't get a hammer action inside a 3.9 kg package, which you can carry with one hand.
Yamaha P-515
That S1 isn't really that small - 88 keys and some overhang too. Have I missed something? The price. Some people aren't comfortable traveling with a $2000 digital piano, which can get stolen at any time.
Yamaha P-515
Roland RD64 and an ipad .. (there are some very good piano apps) https://youtu.be/uZAkqJXkRfI
That S1 isn't really that small - 88 keys and some overhang too. Have I missed something? The price. Some people aren't comfortable traveling with a $2000 digital piano, which can get stolen at any time. Where have you seen the price?
Where have you seen the price? By looking at the instrument's build and materials used and knowing what small manufacturers can afford. It might even cost more than $2000 (like Clavia Nord), it might cost a bit less. But don't expect it to be anywhere near the 330 bucks price point of the Go Piano.
Yamaha P-515
Probably "synth action", not "weighted action". So it's not a _good_ piano substitute.
...
I think that every keyboard is a good piano substitute. It's only a matter of circumstances, ask Miguel Ãngel Estrella 
Probably "synth action", not "weighted action". So it's not a _good_ piano substitute.
...
I think that every keyboard is a good piano substitute. It's only a matter of circumstances, ask Miguel Ãngel Estrella Heh, my piano tech, who was also a concert pianist, taught himself how to play piano on taped together pieces of paper that he drew the keyboard on. Super portable, and it really works out your mental practice skills! 
private piano/voice teacher FT ![[Linked Image]](https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/gallery/42/thumbs/2529.jpg)
By looking at the instrument's build and materials used and knowing what small manufacturers can afford. Even Dexibell's fuller/full sized S3 and S7 stage pianos are under $2000, I believe. (But I do think in Euros.)
A "digital piano enthusiast", not much of a player. Previous username: clothearednincompo(op)
I think that every keyboard is a good piano substitute. It's only a matter of circumstances, ask Miguel Ãngel Estrella Clearly Roland's product is meant for the low-cost battery-powered extra-light with good sounds niche. The same Yamaha NP and Reface CP goes for (but without offering proper full size keys). A regular 73 keys stage piano without built-in speakers and battery meant for gigging doesn't really belong into this category.
Yamaha P-515
Sergei practiced Rach 3 on his dummy keyboard during his trans-Atlantic crossing to give the premiere of, er, Rach 3 in NY on 28/11/1909 (11/28/1909 for Americans). I believe it was just a silent keyboard. No weighted keys. Not even modeled sounds
If music be the food of love, play on!
Glenn Gould didn't even bother with a dummy keyboard. He'd just study the sheet music.
Kawai CA95, Numa X Piano 73, Roland Fantom 07 Virtual pianos: Pianoteq Stage, Galaxy Vintage D, CFX Lite
Steve: oh yeah - sorry about that. So it starts on an A in the bass - cool!
Greg.
I think it is clearly shot at yamaha NP with upped up connections like BT and sound (and better battery life). Similar weight to NP12. Maybe even better keyboard. Not bad, but people can get NP 12 for a song these days. The Go piano is nearly 1.5-2x the price and I don't think it will give much more. I have NP12 and would not call it anymore portable than a NP32. They are both already too long to carry comfortably so if portability is an issue, you actually don't save much space on 61 key than on 72. I think Roland should do 72 keys, would make much more sense. As soon as you go to weighted keys, the weight jump from 10 pounds to 25 so that makes some difference.
Casio PX-860, Roland Fantom G, Kurzweil PC1X, Korg Micro X
|
|